September 08, 2010

[Trixie] Pride and Prejudice

Just re-watched Pride and Prejudice,
the one with Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen.


Gahhh
Watching this movie turned me into a blubbering mess!
The cinematography was amazing
and the acting was soooo good.



And not to mention how Darcy looked with wet hair.
Scrumptious.


Keira Knightley is so beautiful in this film!


I also couldn't stop admiring Mr Bingley's hair...
so fluffy and perfectly coiffed.


Above is the first time he declares his love for her.
The first time, I say?
Well, this guy is PERFECT.
He ran in the pouring rain to find her and tell her how he felt.

"I ask you to end my agony.
I love you! 
Most ardently."


Maybe it's the way his voice chokes,
or how he's looking at her with such luscious blue orbs under half-lidded eyes,
or how his brow is furrowed in such a vulnerable manner,
or how his chest is heaving just a little bit from running all over just to find her
(woah... I could write cheap romance novels)
but argh!
Even if he did insult her right before his confession,
("I fought against my better judgement, my family's expectations,
the inferiority of your birth, my rank but I am willing to put these things aside...")
come on Lizzie!
Accept the man's hand in marriage!

God,
you should have seen my tween cousin and I while we were watching this film.
We were pretty much holding out breath every time Darcy and Elizabeth interacted.

Do you remember the scene where he helps her up onto the carriage?


OMG
My heart skipped a beat ("when I see her on the street and... !" 
^ you'd get it if you knew Luda's rhyme in "Baby" by Bieber)
 because he was so forward when to touch her hand!
I guess if you haven't seen this movie, 
or aren't aware of what society was like in the 18th century,
you would think that I was making a big deal out of nothing, right?

But back then, men and women never touched.
It was only acceptable if you were dancing
OR if you were already wed.

At this point she still loathes Mr Darcy and has no idea that he's in love with her.
So you can imagine the surprise on Elizabeth's face when Mr Darcy holds her hand
(which by the way is tiiiiny! Or maybe his hand is huge?)
to help her onto the carriage.

It lasts for only a split second but holy shiz,
I gasped and my eyes bugged out.






Especially at the end when he says weakly,
"You have bewitched me, body and soul...
And I love...
I love...
I love you."



Hmmm
But I think I like the BBC version better,
the one with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle,
as it was a tv serial therefore they didn't chop out characters 
or parts of the plot.

(Why is the BBC version so expensive?!
... I'm too poor :( )

For example, in the BBC version
there was one scene where Mr Darcy goes for a swim in his lake
(dat's right, the man owns his own lake)
and then while he's walking back to Pemberley
he crosses paths with Elizabeth.

Wait,
why do I have a guys-with-wet-hair-and-clothes complex?


He's just so CUTE!!!
Not to mention their awkward conversation afterwards
...
to put it bluntly,
she was basically caught taking a tour of his house
 right after she had just refused his declaration of love!

Pretty embarrassing for her part, right?

Their clumsy conversation was so uncomfortable
...
it was also one of my favourite scenes
because it was the first time you see Mr Darcy doing something other than
frowning or scowling.
And look at his face!
So cute!


This is when he's admiring Elizabeth playing the piano.
*SWOOOOON*


*Ahem*
Just realised that this has probably been my longest post EVER,
and it had nothing to do with fashion.
Woops.
BAHAHAHAHA



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, Merci, Danke, Gracias, Salamat, Cheers for commenting!

Oh, and we read every comment.